Outlook is an email and calendaring program that helps users to organize their contacts, tasks, messages, calendars, notes etc. If you are having problem with the outlook profile loading or not opening at all then this article will help you fix it on Windows 10
The “outlook 365 stuck on loading profile even in safe mode” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released 2 fixes to fix the issue.
One of the most popular desktop email apps for Windows 10 is Microsoft Outlook. It’s also known for its multi-functionality and wide range of features, including a calendar, task management, contact manager, note-taking, journaling, and web surfing. However, you may have issues such as Outlook not responding, being stuck at “Processing,” not operating, freezing, or hanging.
“Microsoft outlook stopped on loading profile” has been reported by a few customers who are using Office 2016, 2013, 2010, or 2007. The reasons for this might be several. The problem might be caused by a corrupted Outlook profile, a bad PST/OST file, a glitched add-in, and more. Whatever the case may be If you’re having trouble opening Microsoft Outlook and it’s stuck at the Loading Profile stage, this article may be of assistance.
Microsoft Outlook Is Having Problems Loading Profiles
If this is the first time you’ve noticed your profile is stuck loading, we suggest restarting your computer and reopening Outlook. If the problem is caused by a transient malfunction, restart your computer to resolve it.
This will let you start Windows 10 in a clean boot condition. In a clean boot, if any third-party apps are causing this issue, you will not have the Outlook stuck on loading profile problem. You’ll need to figure out which applications or services are creating the issue in that situation.
Microsoft publishes cumulative updates with numerous bug fixes on a regular basis. Because Office is a Microsoft product, it gets its updates via Windows Update. And it’s probable that some of the most recent Windows updates include bug solutions for the Outlook freeze or profile loading problem.
- Open settings app then windows update & security,
- To download and install Windows updates from Microsoft’s server, click the Check for Updates icon.
- After that, restart your computer to effect the changes.
Start Outlook in protected mode.
If Outlook stops responding at the “Processing or loading profile” page, shut everything and restart it in safe mode by following the instructions below. Then deactivate any add-ons or hardware graphics acceleration that may be assisting in the resolution of the issue.
Click OK after pressing Windows + R and typing Outlook.exe /safe.
When Outlook is in safe mode, Follow the instructions below to Outlook add-ins should be disabled. and hardware graphics acceleration.
Outlook add-ins should be disabled.
Open outlook and Navigate to File > Options > Add-ins,
- Select COM-Addins from the Manage drop-down menu and click Go.
- In a new window, you’ll get a list of all add-ins.
- You may uninstall or deactivate any add-ons that you believe are causing the issue. I recommend disabling all and then enabling each one one at a time to check which one is causing the issue.
I’m hoping that the instructions above will help you “repair outlook stuck at loading profile.”
Hardware Graphic Acceleration should be turned off.
It is yet another excellent method of resolving the issue. Here are the measures to take.
- As previously, open Outlook in safe mode.
- Now, Navigate to File > Options > Advanced.
- Check the box next to Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration in the display section.
- Now press the OK button. Restart Outlook on a regular basis.
- It should assist in resolving the Outlook loading profile issue.
Use the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool to fix your inbox.
Do you still need assistance? There’s a risk that corrupted data files are causing the issue (PST or OST file). If your Outlook data files are corrupted or contain mistakes, Outlook may get stuck on the loading profile page. Run the built-in Outlook inbox repair tool to resolve a variety of issues, including Outlook stuck at the loading profile.
- Go to C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficerootOffice16 to begin. It is dependent on the version of your office. I
Note: Because I’m using Office 2016, I went with 16. You may need to choose just Program Files on occasion.
- Now locate and run SCANPST.EXE.
- Select pst or ost files from here by clicking the browse button. C:UsersAppDataLocalMicrosoftOutlook.
- To begin scanning, click Start. If you see a repair button, click it. Select it by clicking on it.
- After that, restart your computer to see whether the issue has been resolved.
Make a new user account.
There’s a risk that the existing outlook profile is damaged, causing Outlook to freeze when loading the profile. If your profile has a range of options that affect how Outlook appears and feels, start there. Make a new profile and then add all of your email accounts to it.
- If Outlook is open, close it.
- Activate the control panel,
- Choose User Accounts > Mail > Show Profiles.
- Select Add and provide a name for your profile in the Profile Name box.
- Choose OK after entering a profile name.
- For the main email account you use in Outlook, enter an email address and a password, and then follow the steps to create the profile.
- Choose Prompt for a profile to be used from the Show Profiles dialog after the profile has been established.
- Start Outlook and choose your new profile from the drop-down menu.
Microsoft Office should be repaired.
Repairing the pst file and creating a new outlook profile usually solves the issue, but if you still need assistance, let’s check the MS Office installation for faults.
- Select Programs and Features from the control panel.
- Right-click on Microsoft Office and choose Change from the drop-down menu.
- Now, You can choose any of these following options: Quick Repair & Online Repair. Then, click on Repair.
- I recommend that you attempt the fast fix first. If that doesn’t work, try another.
After that, restart your computer and see whether Outlook starts and runs well this time.
Also check out:
this advertisement should be reported
The “outlook stuck on loading profile iphone” is a common issue that many people have faced. To fix the problem, you need to do the following steps:
1) Go to settings and click on mail.
2) Click on advanced settings.
3) Click on accounts and then select your account from the list.
4) Select the account you want to use for email and click OK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Outlook just say loading profile?
A: This generally occurs when you have not created an inbox yet. When creating your inbox, Outlook will prompt for a profile name and email address to associate with that profile. For example Johns Inbox.
How do I fix my Outlook profile?
A: My profile is messed up I cant see my email address.
A: To fix your Outlook Profile, you need to perform a number of steps listed below;
1) Open Microsoft Outlook and go to File on the top-left corner. Then select Options from the drop-down menu. You should now be in options page for outlook 2016 or higher (however if you are using an older version of outlook then it may look different). From here scroll down until you find File Location. Select that option and choose Change Folder Action from the submenu that appears next to it – this will bring up another window displaying available actions with which we will work our way through them all one by one going through each individually before moving onto the next step, so please take note as there are some different names depending on whether or not youre running Win 8/10 64bit operating system or 32bit OS such as XP/Vista etc.,
2) The first action we want to take is Move file location action – click on this button followed by pressing Click Here at this point when prompted because otherwise default folder path wont change with everything else,
3) Now browse back again over towards bottom half where it says Default Folders – Click on what looks like a white arrow pointing upwards within these boxes marked A & B respectively looking for folders labelled Outlook Data and Microsoft Update Services. Make sure they both have checkboxes ticked just underneath their name tags so they show green dots beside them indicating that theyve been selected, once done checking make your selection mark out text in bold lettering above either box reading exactly how many gigabytes has been moved into each respective folder during this process (this would be 100GB per instance), since every computers hard drive size varies slightly Im going doe it manually but if yours happened to match mine then leave mine alone and enter 50% into those boxes instead, finally click OK twice right at the end of these two screens returning us back out onto inbox view screen without any changes having taken place!
How do I stop Outlook from asking for a profile?
A: This is a question that has no answer, its up to you how much information you want to share.
- outlook 2016 stuck on loading profile
- outlook stuck on loading profile windows 11
- outlook stuck on loading profile 2021
- outlook stuck on processing
- outlook 2019 stuck on loading profile